- uses UDP port 514
- use, logging <host> command and optionally, logging trap.
- default facility of local7
- e.g: “service timestamps log datetime localtime” à logging 192.168.1.100 à logging monitor informational.
· uses UDP port 2048
· upto 32 content engines can communicate with a single router using WCCPv1.
· The content engine with the LOWEST IP address is elected as the lead engine.
· WCCPv1, only ONE router can redirect traffic to a content engine or cluster of content engines. ONLY supports HTTP traffic (TCP port 80)
· WCCPv2, multiple routers and multiple content engines can be configured.
§ Supports TCP and UPD traffic other than port 80, including, FTP caching, FTP proxy, web caching for non 80 ports, real audio, video and telephony.
§ supports multicast.
§ provides MD5 security “ip wccp password password”
§ load distribution
§ transparent error handling.
§ default version is WCCPv2.
§ globally: ip wccp web-cache group-address <ip> password Cisco
§ redirecting traffic out: ip wccp web-cache redirect out ß to content engine
§ inbound traffic on interface is excluded from redirection: ip wccp redirect exclude in
· Echo Request: sent by a ping from the host to test node reachability
· Echo Reply: Indicates the node can be reached successfully.
· Redirect: sent by the router to the source host to stimulate more efficient routing
· Time Exceeded: sent by the router if an IP packet’s TTL filed reaches zero.